Manufactory Dagoty et Honoré
Founded in 1798 by the two Dagoty brothers, this Parisian porcelain factory is considered one of the most successful of the early 19th century. The two brothers, grandsons of the painter Jacques Dagoty and sons of the engraver Jean-Baptiste Gauthier Dagoty, took over a failing company, the Bougon factory in the rue de Chevreuse. One of the brothers, Etienne, died in 1800; the remaining brother Pierre-Louis (1771-1840) ran the factory alone as of 1804. He successfully developed the business and during the Empire period the firm employed 100 workers.
After the fall of the Emperor, Dagoty went into partnership with the Honoré père et fils manufactory, which was also very prosperous, using the name “Dagoty et Honoré” until 1820. Afterwards Edouard Honoré took over the company in Paris. Throughout the factory’s existence, it distinguished itself for to the quality and originality of its creations. The maison received orders from the Imperial Garde-Meuble as of 1804. It took part in the Exposition des produits de l’Industrie in 1819, where it received a silver medal for “Wedgwood type” bas-reliefs, a tripod and a model of the Fontaine des Innocents.