He was one of the most important Parisian clockmakers of the second third of the 18th century. Having been named master clockmaker on September 13, 1724, he opened a workshop in the rue de la Monnaye, then in cloître Saint-Germain-l’Auxerrois. He took over the workshop of his colleague Jean-Baptiste Coignet, soon winning great renown among connoisseurs of fine horology. He worked with the marchand-mercier (merchant of fine luxury goods) François Darnault. Contemporary documents mention several of his clocks as having belonged to important collectors: the probate inventories of Alexandre-Jean Boula de Mareuil, former avocat-général of the Paris Court; Claude-Pierre-Donat Bourdiet de Belleran, Cavalry Officer; and of Charles-Emmanuel de Crussol, the Duke d’Uzès.